How do I apply/book the programme?
If you are interested in attending one of our programmes, please fill out our contact form here and a member of our Team will be in touch shortly.
How do I find out about programme availability?
If you wish to enquire regarding any of our programme availability, please speak to a member of our Team here.
Where is the programme held?
All cohorts will be held in Central London unless stated otherwise at the point of enquiry.
Do you host any programmes virtually?
Due to the nature of our programmes, they are all classroom based. If for any reason we are advised against holding a physical event (e.g., government restrictions) we will review our position and be in touch.
How do I know if my credentials will complement the programme?
How do I choose which programme to attend?
· The Non-Executive Director Programme is suitable for exiting senior officers who are seeking to create a portfolio career of non-executive director appointments.
· The Executive Programme is suitable for officers, reservists, and warrant officers who aspire to move into executive level roles within a commercial setting. For more information, please visit our Training Programmes page.
Is there a cut-off date for when I can apply for a specific cohort date?
· For those seeking to claim ELCAS credits, the cut-off date is 25 clear working days prior to the first day of the cohort.
· For self-funding Learners, the cut-off date would be 12 working days prior to the first day of the cohort. If you have any questions regarding this, please speak to a member of our Team here.
I am military personnel, but not from the United Kingdom, can I still apply?
We welcome military personnel from outside the UK to attend our programmes. If this is applicable to you, please fill out our contact form here and a member of our Team will be in touch shortly.
I am not a military officer; can I still book to attend the programme?
Our programmes have been specifically tailored for exiting military officers who wish to resettle and learn how to successfully transfer their skill set into a commercial setting. As such, if you are not an existing or retired officer, you will not be eligible to attend our programmes.
How do I change the cohort I have booked?
If for any reason you are unable attend the cohort you have booked, you have the option to cancel or defer onto another cohort. Please note, all amended bookings must be made in line with our Cancellation Policy and our Terms and Conditions will apply. For more information, please see our Policies and Procedures here.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
Please refer to our Policies and Procedures here.
Pricing and Funding
What is your recognised ELC Provider ID?
11734 (OnBoarding Group Limited)
How do I know if I am eligible to use ELC funding?
· In order to be eligible for ELC funding, Leaners must have completed no less than six years eligible service. Only service accumulated since 1st April 2000, may be counted as eligible service for the purpose of the ELC Scheme.
· Please note if you are claiming in the last year of your scheme eligibility, you must commence study before your scheme expiry date. For more information on ELC Scheme eligibility, please visit the ELCAS website.
How do I claim my ELC credits?
Learners claiming ELC funding, must complete an online claim a minimum of 25 working days prior to the programme start date. Following this, you will receive a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN), which you must present to us before the programme start date. For more information on ELC Scheme claims, please visit the ELCAS website.
What options do I have if I am not eligible for ELC credits?
If for any reason you are not eligible for ELC funding, we welcome self-funding Learners. For more information on this, please speak to a member of our Team here.
Will I receive certification once I have completed the assessment?
· The Non-Executive Director Programme: Yes, once you have attended the five-day Non-Executive Director Programme and you have completed the assessment, you will be presented with a TQUK Level 6 Certificate in Strategic Planning and Leadership (RQF) which is regulated by Ofqual. For more information, please click here.
· The Executive Programme: Yes, once you have attended our four-day Executive Programme and completed your assessment, you will be presented with a TQUK Level 4 Award in Business Essentials for Business Leaders (RQF) which is regulated by Ofqual. For more information, please click here.
What time commitment is involved?
· The Non-Executive Director Programme: The estimated time commitment for this qualification is 130 hours, which is inclusive of 36 guided learning hours, which you will complete on the five-day insight programme. However, as you will be prompted to make notes for your assessment throughout the cohort, it is believed you could complete the assessment a lot sooner. For more information, please click here.
· The Executive Programme: The estimated time commitment for this qualification is 50 hours, which is inclusive of 32 guided learning hours, which you will complete on the four-day programme. For more information, please click here.
How/where do I complete the assessment?
You will complete the assessment via our online assessment platform called OneFile.
What is Prior Learning, and do I qualify for this?
· Prior learning is a process by which learning, wherever and however it has taken place, can be assessed, and recognised as part of the assessment evidence for a qualification and therefore acting as an exemption against units and/or learner outcomes.
· If you have undertaken a relevant previous qualification (accredited prior learning) and/or you can demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and understanding of a particular field/sector/topic (recognised prior learning), you may qualify for Prior Learning. Our Team will discuss this with you at the time of your registration.
What is the difference between Accredited Prior Learning and Recognised Prior Learning?
Accredited Prior Learning (APL)
· Accredited Prior Learning (APL) allows a Learner to demonstrate through their previous certificated achievements that they have already met the assessment requirements of a unit. i.e., a certificate with the grade/mark achieved and the corresponding unit transcript which gives a breakdown of the modules/content covered on the course.
· Please note, in order to be considered for Accredited Prior Learning, the accreditation must have been achieved within the last six years. If the accreditation was achieved more than six years previous, additional evidence must be provided to show you have maintained the skills evidenced by the qualification, such as a curriculum vitae showing employment in a related field.
Recognised Prior Learning (RPL)
· Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) allows a Learner to demonstrate through their previous non-certificated achievements that they can meet the assessment requirements of a until through the knowledge, skills, and understanding they already possess. i.e., work/voluntary experience in a particular field which can be supported by a curriculum vitae, work activities, or previous workbooks, essays, dissertations etc., to act as supporting evidence against an RPL claim.
What support do I receive once I have attended the programme?
· Following your attendance on either one of our training programmes, you will receive ongoing support and resources as part of our Community offering. This support includes exclusive Boardroom Links (available vacancies), access and guidance from our Allies, private members only groups, networking events, and online resources.
· For those attending the Non-Executive Director Programme, you will also have access to boardroom observations, which is a unique opportunity to observe a real company board meeting via one of our Partners.
· For those attended the Executive Programme, if you wish, you also have access to informal and formal mentoring opportunities (conditions do apply – please speak to a member of the team to learn more). For more information, please click here.
How can I keep in touch with other Alumni who have completed the programme?
All members will be invited to our private groups which allows everyone to keep in touch should they wish.
How can I get in touch with the Tutors, Ambassadors, Super NEDs, and Mentors?
Please contact a member of our Team who will put you in direct contact.
Can I have access to the Community benefits without attending the programme?
Community benefits are exclusive to those attending our programmes only.
How/can I get involved with future events, open days, and speaker opportunities?
Get in touch and send us a message here.
I am an individual/business, how can I get involved and support you?
We would love to have a chat with you, please get in touch and send us a message here.
What are your Terms and Conditions?
Please see our Terms and Conditions here.
The question I have is not featured on your Frequently Asked Questions page, what should I do?
We’re sorry you haven’t found the information you are looking for. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please get in touch and send us a message here.
OnBoarding Officers is a unique approach to securing the Keys to the Boardroom and turning the page on that all-new, exciting chapter.
Talk to us about how we can help you
OnBoarding Officers provides a unique approach via training programmes and an exclusive community to secure the keys to the boardroom and turning the page on that all-new exciting chapter.
Talk to us about how we can help you