Webinar: How to transfer your skillset into a second career post-military service: considering boardroom and consultancy appointments
July 14 @ 15:00 – 16:00
Join OnBoarding Officers and Universal Defence and Security Solutions (UDSS) in this exclusive webinar which aims to provide a real insight into how exiting officers can transfer their skillset into a commercial role, either as a non-executive director (NED) or consultant.
Founder of OnBoarding Officers Jo Haigh, The Sunday Times NED of the Year and Author of ‘How to Become a World-Class Non-Executive Director’, will share her personal NED experiences and insights into how an officer’s expertise can be transferred into the boardroom, and why it may be easier than you may initially think.
David Shouesmith will share insights into how skills can be transferred into a consultancy role. David is a Director at UDSS and a retired Major General, he has extensive experience in operational military logistics, and support acquisition in both the MoD and commercial sector. Since leaving the Army, he has worked as a management consultant within two large consultancies, as an individual consultant and as an associate, advising a range of commercial clients in a variety of sectors on strategy, critical programme management and strategic supply chain.
- OnBoarding Officers & UDSS – who are we and how can we help?
- The role of the non-executive director:
- What is a non-executive director and could you be one
- An insight into the role and responsibilities of a non-executive director
- What are the opportunities and challenges of becoming a non-executive director
- How can your skills be transferred into the boardroom
- How to secure a role in the boardroom
- The role of a consultant:
- Types of consultancies and the pros and cons
- How to leverage prior Defence knowledge or specialism
- The advantages and challenges of working in a small team
- How to not undersell yourself
- Plus Q&A
Please note, that this webinar is free to attend but is only suitable for exiting and exited military personnel only.